Hi. This is James Patrick's current collection of dotfiles. If you found this feel free to steal what ever you want, if you have any questions feel free to contact me.
- The time invested in configuring tools will probably never recouped by increased productivity. That isn't a reason not to it.
- Don't write what already exist.
- Config to have easy setup and tear down, without destroying anything important.
- Try to stay lean. More tools begets more maintenance.
- The best code is no code.
- It's better to have an imperfect tool than to have envs diverge.
- Write tooling to allow for variation between envs.
- Any rule can ignored if it has a non-stupid reason.
- Take lots of screenshots.
- Don't be an idiot and store large files.
git clone https://git.jpatrick.io/james/dotfiles.git ~/.dotfiles make -C ~/.dotfiles install