You can not select more than 25 topics Topics must start with a letter or number, can include dashes ('-') and can be up to 35 characters long.
This requires python3 to be installed along with standard set of modules.
|5 days ago|
|emacs||2 weeks ago|
|git||2 months ago|
|jrnl||1 year ago|
|kitty||7 months ago|
|lib||11 months ago|
|mako||10 months ago|
|mbsync||11 months ago|
|pass||5 months ago|
|rofi||8 months ago|
|ssh||8 months ago|
|sway||2 months ago|
|tmux||1 year ago|
|tridactyl||11 months ago|
|vim||5 days ago|
|waybar||4 months ago|
|zsh||1 month ago|
|.gitignore||8 months ago|
|README.md||1 year ago|
|dockerfile||1 year ago|
|makefile||1 year ago|
Hi. This is James Patrick's current collection of dotfiles. If you found this feel free to steal what ever you want, if you have any questions feel free to contact me.
- The time invested in configuring tools will probably never recouped by increased productivity. That isn't a reason not to it.
- Don't write what already exist.
- Config to have easy setup and tear down, without destroying anything important.
- Try to stay lean. More tools begets more maintenance.
- The best code is no code.
- It's better to have an imperfect tool than to have envs diverge.
- Write tooling to allow for variation between envs.
- Any rule can ignored if it has a non-stupid reason.
- Take lots of screenshots.
- Don't be an idiot and store large files.
git clone https://git.jpatrick.io/james/dotfiles.git ~/.dotfiles make -C ~/.dotfiles install